Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 9 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video game challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
Well, this one is just hard… One of the main factors for a good game it’s his OST. Why? Well, the music of a game is made so you can do a tedious and repetitive action while not thinking about it, like for example grinding. In fact, there are studies telling that gaming OST is the best for focusing, why? Well, they are made so you don’t feel fatigued or bored, but at the same time not making you more interested in the music than the game itself (Such knowledge am I right? xD).
Just a little out of topic, let me just say that I just started playing Nier: Automata for PS4 and so far, the music as been one of the best I ever heard.
Now, to the challenge xD I’m going to go a little out of the rpg genre right now (since almost every post in this challenge have been about RPGs LOL) and give you an OST that just made me feel happy, relaxed and secured throughout the game:
Life is Strange
If you don’t know anything about this game I recommend you to go to your PS or Steam account and buy it! It’s not really that expensive (20€ here in Portugal). The story is about a girl who comes back to her hometown and discovers that can go back in time (only some seconds). I love this game because it’s just like seeing a movie, but you decide the actions to take which will change the course of the story and how are you perceived by the other characters. I also love the characters, the story itself, the gameplay…. But that is for other day when I’m doing a review about it! Let’s not sidetrack and focus on the challenge 😛
Now the music… It just goes so well with the environment of the game. The game has a vibe that relaxes you (at least for most part of the time). You have sunny days in a small town just going to school and being with your friends, I don’t know but it made me remember when I was in High School, well… Without the most f’ed up things Max and Chloe put themselves into, but you will find a lot of “we’re young and we can reach everything we can”.
Here’s one of my favourites:
Doesn’t it just put a smile on your face? It’s just so heartwarming!
Well, folks that’s it for my favourite OST! Which one is yours? Comment down below! (I know it’s hard, but you can pick more than one ;))
25 thoughts on “Day 9: Best game soundtrack | Relaxing and Heartwarming”
My favorite OST from the game is “Mountains” by Message to Bears, it plays when Max & Chloe find out about something (can’t
LikeLiked by 1 person
(-oops! My clumsy fingers tapped the send button) go into spoilers). Sorry abt that again. The song really complemented that scene. “To all of you” is great too, it makes one of my most memorable and impressionable game openings.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just went and listened to mountains to remember which one was and… Instantly a smile in my face! Such a good song! XD for me it’s the same “to all of you” just made me realize that I was starting a masterpiece xD
LikeLiked by 1 person