Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 10 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video game challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
So, the first thing it came in mind was the ending of Final Fantasy X… But I just talked about it in day 8 of the challenge, so I don’t want to repeat myself XP
After some thoughts, there are many scenes in gaming that made my heart stop for a bit and put tears in the corners of my eyes, this way I’m going to give you the saddest and then some honourable mentions! (Just to feel better of not putting some scenes out because they deserve our love…. or should I say sadness?) Apart the ending of Final Fantasy X my next pick has to be:
Aeris’ Death in Final Fantasy 7
Let me start explaining the amount of hours and dedication I put on this game to get into this scene the first time… The first time I played Final Fantasy VII I didn’t know how to speak English, in reality it was with this game I started to learn and understand the language. So, for me to know what was supposed to do in the game I had to go to all villages and hopefully I would pick the right one. This way, when I got to this scene I was pretty attached to all characters.
More than being so attached to the characters the scene is really well made, first you are not expecting it, then the music starts…. And oh boy they picked the best music they could have. If you hear the music alone it’s sad enough, but if you join the visuals and the emotional charge of this scene… It’s just way too much. I really cried on this one!
Now, some honourable mention picks:
Big Brother Death in Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Now, this is an indie game, so probably not so well-known as the Final Fantasy franchise. The game is about 2 brothers who travel the world to find a cure to their ill father. This is a platform/puzzle game, where you control the two brother at the SAME TIME! It really is a fun game to play.
Now, along the adventure one of the brothers will die. Ok… We are accustomed with characters dying, so for now it’s not that bad, but then the creators made something I never had seen in a game. Normally when someone dies you will see a cut scene where they bury the body or something like that. In this game you will be the one doing the digging and the burying. It really changes the perspective and it really makes you feel the sorrow even more!
Meryl getting shot in Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation 1 was one of the first games that made you feel inside a movie. The characters were really well build and it is not really a surprise when you start falling for them. One of them is Meryl, the girl who is infiltrated in the enemy base and you end up meeting.
Meryl is that kind of character that you easily fall in love with… Snake also falls for her easily. More or less in the middle of the game, you get caught up in a trap and Meryl is shut down from a sniper. She doesn’t die (you are able to save her if you do your job properly), but the scene is just heart breaking. More than just being shot, Meryl asks Snake to kill her because she know that they are using her as a bait to catch him and then continues about not being a real soldier… It is just… GOD! I went and watched it again and now I feel depressed…
That’s all for today folks! What do you think about my picks? Which is your saddest game scene ever? Comment down below!
See Ya Tomorrow! 😀