Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 17 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video game challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
Are you kidding me? Game with the best cut scenes? I mean… There are SO MANY! How can I just choose one?
This is how I am going to this, I’m going to share you my favorite cut scene (not game with best cut scenes), one for each platform, because you know… Can’t really compare a 1993 game with a 2017 one 😛 [FROM HERE YOU WILL CONTAIN SPOILER FOR FINAL FANTASY 8, FINAL FANTASY X, PERSONA 4, AND DRAGON AGE INQUISITION)
PS1 – Final Fantasy VIII – Edea’s Parade
To be honest, I love all the cut scenes from Final Fantasy VIII. It was a really improvement from Final Fantasy VII and I was completely out of guard! And, until this day, Final Fantasy VII has the best intro music from all Final Fantasies ever! Why Edea’s parade then? Well, first of all you are always getting in and out of the cut scene, because at the same time that the parade is happening you are making your arrangements to kill her and the transitions are really smooth for the time. Next, I love the design of Edea, I really do, she’s probably one of the designs I love the most. I love her attitude as her clothing style! And then the parade! You have all this movement and it’s really exciting to watch. Ah, and of course! The music just gives me goosebumps! (The one that I chose don’t have the part you play though, only the cinematic):
PS2 – Final Fantasy X – Kiss Scene
I mean, this game if PS2 and is 16 (yeah you read that right) years old! I remember when I played this game to be completely amazed about the cut scenes graphics, they were just SO good! But, there ir more than graphics to have the best cut scenes ever! You will also need an excellent music and an excelent environment (with lack of a better word) to make the person viewing them really think “This is the best thing I ever saw until now!”. Final Fantasy X just delivers that, even though the dubbing is far from perfect, the cut scenes are just “OWO”. Here is the one that I love the most – it starts at 1 minute and 5 seconds.
PS4 – Persona 5 – First Cut Scene
Persona 5 is an excellent game overall and all the persona awakenings are really cool, but the first cut scene was the one with the most impact for me. Why? Well, it just gives you away the great visuals you are going to get in the game! For someone who was so hyped for this game it just said to me “Your expectations are going to be met”. The cut scene starts at 4:27 and sorry, couldn’t find japanese with subs anywhere 😦
PC – Dragon Age Inquisition – The Dawn Will Come
I think that the music is the one that moves me the most! Here you just have been attacked and your camp just got destroyed, it is a time of too much death, great sorrow and pain and this music starts! It’s just breathtaking. The music seems like you are watching a movie and even though that the scene does not show much, it is enough for you too feel sad and almost to cry (well I actually cried a little, but don’t tell anyone!) I also love how it develops, makes me remember the music from the Hunger Games where everyone starts singing it… From here you pack your things and go a new beginning and a new stronghold, which is the dawn that will come.
There are many more that I love, but for now these ones will need to suffice! I hope you liked my picks! Comment down below the cut scene you are most fond of!
See Ya Tomorrow!
16 thoughts on “Day 17: Game With the Best Cut Scenes | Got a Lot of Nostalgia With This One”
Hmmmm….I really had to dig deep for this one, but I think Final Fantasy always had the greatest cutscenes in the first place, so it makes sense to see on of them make an appearance in your post! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah it was really a difficult challenge this one! Had to go through all the memories xD there a lot of games with excelent cut scenes! Yeah final fantasy always had the formula to build up awesome cut scenes xD
LikeLiked by 1 person