Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 23 of the 30-ish Day Video Game Challenge. First of all, here is the list for the 30-ish day video game challenge (you can click in the links to go to the posts of the previous days :D):
- Day 1 – Very first video game.
Day 2 – Yout Favorite Game of all time
- Day 3 – Your favorite character.
- Day 4 – A game that is underrated.
- Day 5 – Your guilty pleasure game.
- Day 6 – Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
- Day 7 – Most annoying character.
- Day 8 – Favorite game couple.
- Day 9 – Best soundtrack.
- Day 10 – Saddest game scene.
- Day 11 – Best gameplay.
- Day 12 – Gaming system of choice.
- Day 13 – A game everyone should play.
- Day 14 – A game you’ve played more than five times.
- Day 15 – Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper.
- Day 16 – Post a screenshot from the game you’re playing right now.
- Day 17 – Game with the best cut scenes.
- Day 18 – Favorite antagonist.
- Day 19 – Favorite protagonist.
- Day 20 – Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.
- Day 21 – Favorite genre.
- Day 22 – Game with the best story.
- Day 23 – A game sequel which disappointed you.
- Day 24 – Game you think had the best graphics or art style.
- Day 25 – Favorite classic game.
- Day 26 – A game you plan on playing.
- Day 27 – Best voice acting.
- Day 28 – Most epic scene ever.
- Day 29 – Favorite game developer.
- Day 30 – A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
Normally when a game comes out and has success you know that there will be a sequel just because they need to get more money out of the idea (It’s all about the money money!) and normally it doesn’t go so well because the developers stop focusing on what is the more important, the game itself. This way, there are many video games that disappointed me, but the one that disappointed me the most was:
Dragon Age 2
Now, don’t think that Dragon Age 2 is a bad game, because it is a pretty decent game, but that’s it… It’s just decent! I was really hyped for Dragon Age 2, since Dragon Age: Origins, as you know, is one of my all time favorite and they went there and changed the features that made me fall in love with the game in the first place…
- Answers to pick really easy to understand what they would do – Basically in Dragon Age 2 they thought it was a good idea to make completely easy to understand what the meaning of the phrase was using icons for each phrase, so it’s completely obvious when a phrase is gentle, sarcastic or harsh, more than that they even put a heart to the answers that would lead you to romance (or not) with a certain character… It just took a lot of the fun from the game.
- Feel of having less power in the story – If you read my review for Dragon Age: Origins, you know that one of the things that I loved the most was feeling of having the power to change the story completely… In Dragon Age 2 you still have different directions that you can go, but they are just minor and you won’t feel that it changes the story at all. It all leads you to making a choice between two options at the end (a little bit like Life is Strange)
- Gameplay – They changed the camera and how you coordinate the characters a little bit, which makes the battles a lot cooler (graphic and design wise), but battling in Dragon Age 2 is not so smooth or “easy” as Dragon Age: Origins. I can’t really explain it, but the commands and not as ergonomic as the first game, making it a lot harder to do fights, not because of the monsters, but because of the gameplay.
- Characters – While in Dragon Age: Origins you are always with your companions, here which one lives in their own place in the city, moreover you don’t have not even half of the conversations you had in the first one. This made me not to get so interested in the characters. Only when I was in my second or third playthrough felt some kind of connection with the characters.
Fortunately they changed it back again and Dragon Age: Inquisition came out a lot better than Dragon Age: 2, but it’s sad to see so much potential wasted. Dragon Age 2 could be one of my favorite games from all time and well… It’s just another decent RPG.
That’s all for today folks! Which game sequel disappointed you the most? Comment down below!
See Ya Tomorrow! 😀